Recent reports from ABBC
- New Obligations related to the Public Register of Beneficial Owners in AlgeriaNew Obligations related to the Public Register of Beneficial Owners in Algeria The Decree No. 23-429 dated 29 November 2023, concerning the Public Register of Beneficial Owners of Algerian legal entities (“Decree 23-429”) has been published in the Official Gazette on 30 November 2023. Key points: – Publication of Decree No. 23-429 of 29 November… Read more: New Obligations related to the Public Register of Beneficial Owners in Algeria
- ALGERIA-UNITED KINGDOM: PARTNERSHIP AND STRATEGIC DIALOGUEALGERIA-UNITED KINGDOM: PARTNERSHIP AND STRATEGIC DIALOGUE Algeria and the United Kingdom have agreed to continue strengthening and consolidating the bilateral partnership in all areas and to cooperate on regional and international issues of common interest, according to the joint communiqué following the work of the 2nd session of the strategic dialogue between the two countries… Read more: ALGERIA-UNITED KINGDOM: PARTNERSHIP AND STRATEGIC DIALOGUE
- ALGERIA – New Law on State-owned Land Allocation for Investment ProjectsLoucif+Co created an analysis of recently published Law No. 23-17, dated 15 November 2023, addressing the allocation of state-owned land for investment projects. K E Y P O I N T S T O N O T E:– Publication of Law No. 23-17 dated 15 November 2023, concerning the allocation of state-owned land for investment… Read more: ALGERIA – New Law on State-owned Land Allocation for Investment Projects
- THE POLITICO-MILITARY CRISIS IN NIGER INTENSIFIES THE RISK OF BLOWING UP THE SUB-SAHARAN AND NORTH AFRICA REGIONSThe military coup of July 26, 2023 in Niger was linked, on the one hand, to the insecurity in particular in Libya since the uprisings of 2011 followed by the conflict of medium intensity and, on the other hand, recurrent political turbulence in Mali. These so-called “low and medium intensity” crises and conflicts in Algeria’s neighbouring countries continue to undermine stability in the Sahel region with an impact on sub-regional economic development.
- ABBC Monthly Business Environment Round-Up (JUNE 2023)UK launches new Developing Countries Trading Scheme in Algeria During a reception held at the Ambassador’s residence in Algiers, H.M.E. Sharon Wardle announced the official launch of a new trade programme that the United Kingdom has designed to support Algerian companies wishing to export to, or invest in, the United Kingdom The Developing Countries Trading… Read more: ABBC Monthly Business Environment Round-Up (JUNE 2023)